The Unit Manager Education is responsible for the strategic, tactical and operational foundation of Realdolmen Education Solutions. He is able to translate market needs to a commercial offer. Together with his team of experienced trainers, technical writers, e-learning developers and change managers, he builds an organization that brings these services to market in a high-quality manner.
The Unit Manager is an ambassador for the Education Department and maintains close working relationships with all departments across Realdolmen. He ensures maximum valorization of Education for Realdolmen, both for the competence development of our own employees, and by strengthening the entire Realdolmen portfolio.
Role & Responsibilities
- Determines the strategy and tactics for developing and marketing the wide range of Education solutions
- Ensures the curriculum is kept up-to-date, takes responsibility for the acquisition and development of new training materials and the growth of the team
- Ensures smooth operational activity, supported by the team administrators. This includes planning and logistics of both human and non-human resources
- Liaises with the sales team to provide concrete answers to customer needs regarding training and change management
- Collaborates with other departments to integrate Education services into our other propositions, creating added value for the entire Realdolmen portfolio
- Provides maximum support in the development of competences of the Education team
- Maintains relationships and partnerships with strategic vendors, suppliers and educational institutions
- Takes an active part in HR processes with regards to recruitment, exit interviews, onboarding and people management for the team of trainers, technical writers, e-learning developers en change managers
- Takes short and long-term action to strengthen the engagement of the team members
- Draws up an annual budget and business plan, in consultation with the Division Manager
- Reports monthly on financial and non-financial KPIs
- Excellent people management skills
- Facilitator who wants to be part of an autonomous and motivated team.
- Bridge builder who pursues win-win situations
- Affinity for the human side of IT, in terms of development of competences, communication and change management.
- Insight into trends and innovations in the field of training and change management.
- Commercial feeling.
- Excellent communication skills (advise, listen, present,…)
- Trilingual NL/FR/EN
- An exciting and challenging role in the most versatile Education center in Belgium
- Driven colleagues who share knowledge and always strive to provide the best solution for our customers.
- A “no-nonsense” working environment where knowledge sharing is a core value – not only within Realdolmen but also towards the wider community
- A competitive salary with additional fringe benefits and a company car
- Training on the basis of a personal development plan