Technical Consultant (Microsoft Infrastructure)
Are you looking for a new challenge? Does Microsoft technology for data centre projects hold no secrets for you? Join our Hybrid Cloud team as a Technical Consultant!
Our Hybrid Cloud team designs and builds solid infrastructures for our clients’ applications – onsite, in the public cloud and in hybrid environments.
Here’s how you’ll make an impact:
- You’ll get to guide clients in (usually short) consultancy assignments. To them, you’ll be the trusted advisor who shows them the way forward based on their current situation. You’ll take the lead in discussions, workshops and brainstorming sessions. You’ll also deliver proof of concepts and pilots to demonstrate that your proposals are valuable and technically feasible.
- You’ll contribute to our best practices and guidelines. If you value sharing your knowledge with colleagues, you’ll thrive in this role.
- You’ll play an important role in Realdolmen’s business development, applying your expertise and market knowledge to come up with proposals for new offers and activities. You’ll also get to take up the challenge of further developing these proposals.
- You’ll play an important role in our presales activities too, with demos, presentations, designs and quotations.
- You’ll be fully involved throughout all the stages of a project’s lifecycle:
- During the planning stage, you and your closest colleagues will get to create, test and validate hybrid Cloud designs.
- During the building stage, you’ll be there to offer advice and assistance. If you get a thrill out of implementing things yourself, this will only energize you.
- During the operations stage, you’ll be providing 3rd-line support for the clients and the Realdolmen Operations Team.
Do you have this knowledge and these skills down to a T?
- Does IT data centre infrastructure in general hold no secrets for you? And are you right at home in medium to large IT environments, thanks to your extensive knowledge of IT concepts, technology and products?
- Do you have at least 5 years’ experience as a system engineer with Microsoft technology such as Windows Server, Hyper-V, Active Directory, System Center, SQL Server, Storage Spaces, Azure, etc.? If you can also call yourself an expert in one of these domains, even better!
- Do you know the ins and outs of the Azure Infrastructure-as-a-Service platform and can you perfectly assess the added value of these IaaS components for clients’ respective situations?
- You are able to create designs that match the business and technical goals of your client.
Extra points for these:
- Microsoft certifications
- Knowledge of other cloud platforms such as Amazon or Google
Are these your best qualities?
- Technology is what makes you tick, and you’re always on the lookout for new and relevant technological developments.
- You like to keep your work well-documented, clear and to the point.
- You’re quite the orator, and you don’t shy away from giving presentations or training courses.
- You know how to take discussions with clients in the right direction.
- You like to weigh up all options to figure out their strengths and weaknesses.
- You always put the client first.
- You’re flexible.
- You’re not one to compromise on quality.
- You’re a real team player, but you also get on just fine on your own.
- You’re always up for sharing your knowledge and best practices with your colleagues.
- You know your languages:
- Dutch or French is your mother tongue. At the very least, you have a basic understanding of the other national language.
- You’re fluent in English.
If that sounds like you, then we have a great offer for you!
- Never have a dull moment, working on exciting projects in a rapidly-changing industry.
- Learn from the best in a team of highly experienced colleagues who are always ready to advise and assist you, and become their go-to person for your expertise.
- Keep growing your skills and keep up with the latest technology in your domain.
- Choose a job in which no two days are the same, and get to know new people all the time.
- Seize countless opportunities to learn and grow.
- Choose where you work: if you don’t have to be onsite with a client, work from any Realdolmen branch of your choice (Kontich, Ghent, Lummen, Huizingen, Harelbeke, Namur) or even from home!
- Enjoy a competitive and comprehensive salary package, including a company car with a fuel card, meal vouchers, hospitalization insurance and a supplementary pension.
If you’re over 45, Realdolmen explicitly encourages you to apply as well.
Apply online now! If your CV and motivation letter match the Technical Consultant Microsoft Infrastructure vacancy, you’ll soon hear something from us. Best of luck!