Technical Consultant (Microsoft Azure)
Are you the Technical Consultant of our dreams? If you could tell us about the Microsoft range in you sleep, you know everything about Microsoft Azure Infrastructure-as-a-Service and you have experience with these products offers, you may just be!
Join us to play a key role in our Hybrid Cloud team. With Microsoft technology, you’ll get to turn our clients’ data centres into dynamic hybrid clouds! And you’ll get to tell us which scenarios and workloads can be migrated to Microsoft Azure, and to operate them within the context of the hybrid cloud. But this also applies within the context of the hybrid cloud.
What you’ll get to sink your teeth into…
Our Hybrid Cloud team designs and builds solid infrastructure for our clients’ applications, be it onsite, in the public cloud or in a hybrid environment. You’ll get to be involved in a range of capacities:
- You’ll be at the wheel for our cloud roadmaps. Which makes sense, because nobody knows the Azure platform as well as you do. You’ll take charge of discussions, workshops and brainstorming sessions with our clients, and you’ll sum up your advice in a cloud roadmap document. You’ll also deliver proof of concepts and pilots to demonstrate that your proposals are valuable and technically feasible.
- You’ll champion the benefits of the Cloud, certainly, but you’ll also discuss the challenges, risks and pitfalls. Clients expect that from a company with a no-nonsense culture like Realdolmen.
- You’ll play an important role in all stages of a project’s lifecycle:
- During the planning stage, you and your closest colleagues will get to create, test and validate hybrid Cloud designs.
- During the building stage, you’ll get to handle the implementation yourself or to lead your colleagues. Of course, you’ll then get a chance to apply yourself to the Azure parts of projects too. Thanks to your documentation, the Operations Team will then be able to effortlessly take over from you.
- During the operations stage, you’ll be providing 3rd-line support for the clients and the Realdolmen Operations Team.
- You’ll be contributing to our best practices and guidelines. If you enjoy sharing your knowledge with your colleagues, you’ll fit right in.
- You’ll get to participate in our presales activities with demos, presentations, designs and proposals.
Do you have this knowledge and these skills under your belt?
- Do you have solid and extensive knowledge of IT data centre infrastructure in general? Is navigating medium to large IT environments a breeze for you, thanks to your broad knowledge of IT concepts, technology and products?
- Do you have over three years of experience as a system engineer with Microsoft technology such as Windows Server, Hyper-V, Active Directory, System Center, SQL Server and Storage Spaces?
- Do you know the Azure Infrastructure-as-a-Service platform inside-out? And do you have a good, up-to-date grasp of the individual Azure components?
- Do you know just how to integrate the Azure components in a hybrid context? Even in complex scenarios like disaster recovery, high availability, backup and migrations?
- Do you know just how valuable the different Azure Infrastructure-as-a-Service components are?
- Are you able to create designs that match your client’s business and technical goals?
- Extra points if you have these too:
- Microsoft certifications
- Knowledge of other Cloud platforms such as Amazon or Google
- Knowledge of the Docker ecosystem
Does this sound like you?
- You’re technically skilled and like to always keep up with new and relevant technology, and find new add-ons you can use.
- You like to keep your work well-documented, clear and to the point.
- You’re quite the orator, and you don’t shy away from giving presentations or training courses.
- You know how to take discussions with clients in the right direction.
- You like to weigh up all options to figure out their strengths and weaknesses.
- You always put the client first.
- You’re flexible.
- You’re a real team player, but you also get on just fine on your own.
- You’re always up for sharing your knowledge with your colleagues.
- You know your languages:
- Dutch or French is your mother tongue. At the very least, you have a basic understanding of the other national language.
- You also speak English.
- Stay on your toes, working on exciting projects in a rapidly-changing industry.
- Constantly improve your skills and stay on top of the latest technology in your domain.
- Live life to the full with a competitive and complete salary package, including a company car with a fuel card, meal vouchers, hospitalization insurance and a supplementary pension.
Got any questions or need to find out more before applying? Get in touch with Anne-Marie Touquet, our Talent Officer, at Anne-Marie.Touquet@realdolmen.com