System Engineer / DBA (Microsoft SQL Server)
Want to work with bright minds in a dynamic workplace? Do SQL Server and DBA hold no secrets for you? Join our Hybrid Cloud team as a SQL Server System Engineer/DBA!
Bring SQL Server to our clients
You’ll play an important role in the implementation and auditing of SQL Server infrastructure, as well as the operational management of SQL Server as a DBA. You’ll be called in for rather short assignments within project work, but you’ll also get to work on longer operational assignments with clients.
Our Microsoft Hybrid Cloud team designs and builds solid infrastructures for our clients’ applications with the Microsoft technology stack. Whether it’s onsite, in the public cloud or in a hybrid environment, Microsoft SQL Server plays an important role in making this happen.
Here’s what you’ll get up to…
- You’ll perform audits and health checks on clients’ SQL Server infrastructure. If you have a knack for distilling relevant information and translating it into recommendations and maintenance tasks, you’ll thrive in this role.
- You’ll be installing, migrating and configuring SQL Server following best practices, both physical and virtual, in simple or clustered environments.
- You’ll be the go-to expert on the operational management of SQL Server, for capacity management, performance tuning, user management, security, installation of patches and updates, and backup/recovery.
- You’ll get to assist and advise a development team on database design, data migration, query optimization, Transact-SQL queries, views, stored procedures… you name it.
- You’ll contribute to our best practices and guidelines. If you’re keen to share your knowledge with your colleagues within the SQL Server expert team, this is the place for you.
Do you have this knowledge and these skills under your belt?
- Do you have at least 3 years’ experience as a System Engineer or DBA for Microsoft SQL Server? Does this mean you’ve got project experience with the 2012, 2014 and 2016 version? If you have experience with SQL Server 2017, Azure SQL Database or Azure SQL Database Managed Instance, even better!
- Do you know the ins and outs of IT data centre infrastructure in general? Do you know your way around medium to large IT environments, thanks to your extensive knowledge of IT concepts, technology and products?
- As a system engineer or administrator, do you have a good grasp of Microsoft technology such as Windows Server, Hyper-V, Active Directory, System Center, Azure, etc.?
- Do you know just how to create designs that match your client’s business and technical?
- Do you have an MCSE Data Platform certification, or are up for obtaining it in the short term? If you have Windows Server certifications, those will come in handy too!
Are these your greatest qualities?
- Technology is what makes you tick. You’re always curious about new and relevant innovation.
- You like to keep your work well-documented, clear and to the point.
- You’re quite the orator, and you don’t shy away from giving presentations or training courses.
- You know how to take discussions with clients in the right direction.
- You like to weigh up all options to figure out their strengths and weaknesses.
- You always put the client first.
- You’re flexible.
- You’re not one to compromise on quality.
- You’re a real team player, but you also get on just fine on your own.
- You’re always up for sharing your knowledge and best practices with your colleagues.
- Your mother tongue is Dutch or French. You speak enough English to be able to communicate with colleagues and clients with foreign tongues.
- Be challenged, working on exciting projects in a rapidly-changing industry.
- Learn from the best, part of a team of highly experienced colleagues who’ll always be there to advise and assist you, and who’ll recognize you for your expertise.
- Keep building your skills and stay on top of the latest technology in your domain.
- Choose a job in which no two days are the same, and get to know new people all the time.
- Take advantage of a myriad of opportunities to learn and grow.
- Choose where you work: if you don’t have to be onsite with a client, work from any Realdolmen branch of your choice (Kontich, Ghent, Lummen, Huizingen, Harelbeke, Namur, Bergen) or simply from home!
- Live life to the full, with a competitive salary package and great perks, including a company car with a fuel card, meal vouchers, hospitalization insurance and supplementary pension.