Microsoft SQL Server System Engineer / DBA
Want to work with bright minds in a dynamic workplace? Do SQL Server and DBA hold no secrets for you? Join our Infrastructure team as a SQL Server System Engineer/DBA!
Bring SQL Server to our clients
You’ll play an important role in the implementation and auditing of SQL Server infrastructure, as well as the operational management of SQL Server as a DBA. You’ll be called in for rather short assignments within project work, but you’ll also get to work on longer operational assignments with clients.
You will be part of ourteam designs and builds solid infrastructures for our clients’ applications with the Microsoft technology stack. Whether it’s onsite, in the public cloud or in a hybrid environment, Microsoft SQL Server plays an important role in making this happen.
Here’s what you’ll get up to…
- You’ll perform audits and health checks on clients’ SQL Server infrastructure. If you have a knack for distilling relevant information and translating it into recommendations and maintenance tasks, you’ll thrive in this role.
- You’ll be installing, migrating and configuring SQL Server following best practices, both physical and virtual, in simple or clustered environments.
- You’ll be the go-to expert on the operational management of SQL Server, for capacity management, performance tuning, user management, security, installation of patches and updates, and backup/recovery.
- You’ll get to assist and advise a development team on database design, data migration, query optimization, Transact-SQL queries, views, stored procedures… you name it.
- You’ll contribute to our best practices and guidelines. If you’re keen to share your knowledge with your colleagues within the SQL Server expert team, this is the place for you.
Do you have this knowledge and these skills under your belt?
- Do you have at least 3 years’ experience as a System Engineer or DBA for Microsoft SQL Server? Does this mean you’ve got project experience with the 2012, 2014 and 2016 version? If you have experience with SQL Server 2017/2019, Azure SQL Database or Azure SQL Database Managed Instance, even better!
- Do you know the ins and outs of IT data centre infrastructure in general? Do you know your way around medium to large IT environments, thanks to your extensive knowledge of IT concepts, technology and products?
- As a system engineer or administrator, do you have a good grasp of Microsoft technology such as Windows Server, Hyper-V, Active Directory, System Center, Azure, etc.?
- Do you know just how to create designs that match your client’s business and technical?
- Do you have an MCSE Data Platform certification, or are up for obtaining it in the short term? If you have Windows Server certifications, those will come in handy too!
Are these your best qualities?
- Technology is what makes you tick. You’re always curious about new and relevant innovation.
- You like to keep your work well-documented, clear and to the point.
- You’re quite the orator, and you don’t shy away from giving presentations or training courses.
- You know how to take discussions with clients in the right direction.
- You like to weigh up all options to figure out their strengths and weaknesses.
- You always put the client first.
- You’re flexible.
- You’re not one to compromise on quality.
- You’re a real team player, but you also get on just fine on your own.
- You’re always up for sharing your knowledge and best practices with your colleagues.
- You’re comfortable speaking and writing in Dutch and English. French is a plus.
- The opportunity to have a meaningful job where you can make a difference
- The chance to continuously evolve as a professional, coupled with a variety of training opportunities
- Relevant career opportunities to get you where you want to be, with the IT knowledge you need
- Realdolmen wants you to find a balance between work and private life by offering flexible hours, satellite offices, home working and an informal no-nonsense environment
- 32 days of annual leave, because life isn’t all about working
- Forget about the miles: we provide you with a company car and a national fuel card
- Group insurance and hospitalization insurance, because we care about you
- And of course, we also offer a gross salary. One which is optimised from a net perspective for our employees!
Got any questions or need to find out more before applying? Get in touch with Anne-Marie Touquet, our Talent Officer, at Anne-Marie.Touquet@realdolmen.com