DevOps Consultant – Test Manager
DevOps Consultant – Test Management focus
We believe that every company benefits from business agility in order to excel in the market.
We achieve this by optimizing the way ideas are transformed into business value in a pragmatic way.
We do this by providing multi-disciplinary teams supporting and improving your people, processes and tool ecosystems.
Our team of Test Managers make part of the Realdolmen Testing Team which is a strategic part of our Software Delivery Enablement Services, an offering that groups al competences with regards to methodology, tool ecosystems and coaching.
The Realdolmen Testing Team helps customers to improve their test maturity level which will result in the development of a valuable and qualitative solution desired by the business / end users. This by using a pragmatic approach, attuned on the context of each individual project, with an eye for people, processes & tools that lead to higher productivity/transparency/quality and last but not least customer delight.
We are connected through a unique vision combining end-to-end DevOps, single source capabilities and a strong team, making us a preferred and respected DevOps partner in Belgium!
Within Realdolmen we are actively expanding our professional Testing Team that can be employed on:
- Full End-to-End projects being developed internally within Realdolmen for our customers
- Test projects at our customers sites
As a DevOps Test Manager you are responsible for the smooth running of your test projects within Realdolmen or at our customers. You are the primary point of contact for the various stakeholders within the projects and for the unit manager of the testing department. You are also responsible for setting up, executing and following up the (Master) Test Plan and managing the Test Engineers, Test Tool Specialists and Test Advisors.
Also following up on the (technological) evolutions within your domain belongs to your responsibilities.
- You consult with and report to various stakeholders and provide a well-founded go / no-go recommendation
- You coach colleagues in your specific knowledge domain and support the further expansion of our test division and testing services
- You assist with presales assignments by working out the estimations and budgeting of quotations
- Starting up test projects: understanding people, processes in tools in a sometimes unknown (customer) situation, detecting the cause of problems, proposing possible improvement processes
- You communicate closely with the unit manager of the testing department with regard to the progress of your projects and the possible new opportunities within your assignment or with the customer(s)
- You have at least 6 years of experience within testing of which at least 3 years of relevant professional experience with leading test projects
- ISTQB Advanced certified is a plus
- Thorough knowledge of structured testing, test methodologies and test techniques such as ISTQB, TMap, V-Model, Agile and know how to apply these, taking into account the context of the client / project
- Experience within an Agile environment
- You have experience with drawing up test strategies, writing Master Test Plans and supervising the setup of test environments
- You have experience with leading and coaching a team of testers
- You have experience with risk, budget and resource management
- You have experience with Test Management tools (Microsoft Test Manager, Microfocus Quality Center / ALM, Microsoft Project …)
- Experience with test automation tools or performance test tools is a plus
- Experience with Application Lifecycle Management processes is an absolute plus
- Knowledge of documentation tools (JIRA, Confluence, …) is a plus
- Fluent in Dutch and English, both oral and written. Knowledge of French is an advantage
- You have the right mindset: open, no-nonsense, customer focus, team player, a focus on continuous improvement
- You are eager to learn and willing to share your knowledge
- You have excellent communication skills and report fluently, both orally and written
- Communication & transparency are your second nature
- You know how to communicate confidential / sensitive information in a tactful way
- You are interested in human interaction, team dynamics, communication and its importance within a software development project of which the test team makes part of
- You have an analytical, accurate way of working and an eye for quality and detail
- You have a commercial mindset
- You have experience with presenting for customers
- You can transfer your insights in a clear and orderly manner via Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Visio, …
- You can familiarize yourself independently with the customers issues
- You are stress-resistant
- You are proactive, assertive and take ownership
- You show initiative and are solution driven
- You are dynamic and flexible
- The opportunity to have a meaningful job where you can make a difference
- The chance to continuously evolve as a professional, coupled with a variety of training opportunities
- Relevant career opportunities to get you where you want to be, with the IT knowledge you need
- Realdolmen wants you to find a balance between work and private life by offering flexible hours, satellite offices, home working and an informal no-nonsense environment
- 32 days of annual leave, because life isn’t all about working
- Forget about the miles: we provide you with a company car and a national fuel card
- Group insurance and hospitalization insurance, because we care about you
- And of course, we also offer a gross salary. One which is optimised from a net perspective for our employees!
If you need more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org