You will be part of the Realdolmen legal team and will report directly to the CFO of Realdolmen and in dotted line to the group head of legal in Paris.
You will mainly work from the headquarters in Huizingen or regional offices in Kontich, Ghent, Leuven, Mons or Lummen.
Together with the other member of the team, you will support the various business divisions with outstanding legal advice in a wide variety of legal matters. So, you are close to the business and are a daily partner for the other departments.
Your main focus will be on contract law and litigation and, to a lesser extent, on corporate law. You will be the point of contact as regards public tenders and related legal issues. You will advise on, review, draft and negotiate a variety of different business related contracts and contractual clauses, in compliance with the company’s policies and risk tolerance.
You will facilitate and collaborate in contract or dispute negotiations in close contact with the business, identifying and reporting legal risks and formulating alternative proposals. You will monitor, follow up on and actively manage possible litigation.
Being part of the international legal team, you will be involved in a limited number of group wide initiatives as for example governance.
- You have obtained a Master in Law in Belgium.
- You have a minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience in general business law. Ideally, you have been working in a leading law firm or you have combined experience as an in-house lawyer within a services company and as a lawyer in a law firm. Experience in the ICT sector is an asset. Technically competent and commercially pragmatic, i.e. able to understand the business implications of legal positions taken.
- You are well versed in commercial and contract law, regulations around public tenders, teaming agreements or consortia and have experience in corporate law IP/IT law and compliance (GDPR, trade compliance, anti-bribery,…).
- You are fluent in Dutch, French and English.
- You are business oriented and you enjoy working in an ICT environment. You are able to develop the internal network and to pro-actively build effective relationships with colleagues in the various business divisions necessary to achieve the legal team’s mission.
- You are well organized and disciplined in your work. Capable of setting up workable processes within the organization. You have a pro-active attitude and organization skills to further help in the development of the “contract office” (division of paralegals that monitor all incoming contracts to filter what needs to be referred to you).
- You have the ability to facilitate deals and get things done fast and accurately. You are result oriented, well organized and a true team player, but, of course able to work autonomously. You have a positive attitude and strong communication skills.
- You have the natural authority and maturity to be respected within all management layers of the company and you have a genuine respect for people in dealing, nationally and sometimes internationally, with people of diverse business and cultural backgrounds.
- You have the ability to manage fast-paced workload and add value to multiple projects simultaneously.
- You are able to perform under stress when confronted with emergent or situations in which working speed and sustained attention is needed.
- The opportunity to have a meaningful job where you can make a difference.
- Realdolmen offers you a genuine, open and respectful work environment in a fast growing company/ group with a culture that is pragmatic, constructive and pro-active.
- You have the opportunity to join a very enthusiastic and professional legal team that is close to business leaders.
- Realdolmen offers opportunities for personal development within the company and within the Gfi group
- Realdolmen wants you to find a balance between work and private life by offering flexible hours, satellite offices, home working and an informal no-nonsense environment
- 32 days of annual leave, because life isn’t all about working
- Forget about the miles: we provide you with a company car and a national fuel card
- Group insurance and hospitalization insurance, because we care about you
- And of course, we also offer a gross salary. One which is optimized from a net perspective for our employees!