acADDemICTs (Functional & Business Analyst)
What’s a business & functional analyst? In short you are a sparring partner for the business and ICT team!
The longer version: You help your customers think 10 steps ahead of the game, and together you beat the competition. You are officially a Business Analyst :-). But you don’t want to get caught up in titles. There are people who claim “to document requirements”, and others who call themselves Functional Analysts or Business Analysts. But in the end, you drive the agile mindset and focus on delivering the right value to your customers. You are a Realdolmen ambassador.
What does a day in a BA’s life look like?
The most important for you is to make sure that your customer’s business vision is clear and well documented. You strive to provide business value… You make sure that the various business and technical teams are aligned with a realistic scope and common understanding. You also drive all teams to work together: “one team; one mentality” is your motto. You gather and analyze requirements.
- You create, fine-tune and enhance business processes. Your focus is on the value that will be created by your work.
- You’re a change enabler, capable of getting a deep understanding of the business. You then optimize processes and guide your stakeholders through the change process.
- You follow up on incidents, report on progress and propose solutions using workshops and showcases, obviously using best practices, which you’ll all learn during the Acaddemict program.
- You understand that the team is bigger than the individual.
What does it take to be a Business & functional Analyst?
Maybe it’s obvious, but having a can-do attitude is the key to success! As a sparring partner it’s important to continuously challenge and make a difference for the business. Sometimes this involves playing the devil’s advocate!
In addition, it’s important to be committed and result-oriented. Getting comfortable with process modelling and UML is indispensable. That’s exactly what our Acaddemicts-program is for!
What’s the atmosphere amongst our colleagues like?
You work together with an open-minded group of colleagues; a group rich with a variety of personalities, backgrounds and work experience. And we have football, pizzas, sushi or running lovers in the team, so don’t worry about finding a partner in crime. We encourage growth, provide coaches to support you on your day to day activities and offer you a large knowledgebase on various methodologies.
Realdolmen will help you grow, we will provide you with a vehicle. English is mandatory because it’s our official way of communication within the team and towards our clients. French or Dutch are important to know- after all, this is Belgium !
Who can apply for the acADDemICT Business & Functional analyst program?
- You have a bachelor or master degree (economical, scientific, (bio-)medical, technical,….)
- You have a driver’s license B
- You have knowledge of Dutch, English and French
- You can start in September
- Intensive and relevant training tracks focused on technical skills and soft skills
- Many opportunities for personal learning and development, also after your 3 months of training
- Concrete projects and career growth opportunities within one of Belgium’s largest IT suppliers
- Constructive feedback and guidance from experienced colleagues
- Your mentor personally accompanies you on the work floor!
- 32 days of annual leave, because life isn’t all about working
- Ride in style, forget about the miles: we provide you with an Audi A1 company car and a national fuel card
- Group insurance and hospitalization insurance, because we care about you
- And of course, we also offer a gross salary. One which is optimised from a net perspective for our employees!
Interested? Questions? Recommendations? For more information, contact our recruiter directly: email@example.com or 02 801 43 29